Thursday 3 November 2011

Thursday

I have lessons only on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday.
That is because I am doing an creative/artistic subject, people who do Law or Medicine have lessons every day.
So on Thursdays my lecture starts at 10 am. The Thursday lecture is called Introduction to Study in Higher Education. The topic of this lecture was "Researching Media Institutions" .
This is the summery of the lecture which is written in the handout :
"How can we read social situations and spaces as one would read media text? The session reflects on the relationship between reader and text in the production of meaning and using key ethnographic approaches....."
There is a lot written on the hand out but you get the idea.
Personally I found the lecture a bit boring but it was because I knew half of the stuff because I studied it in college but I did get some new and useful information.

After the lecture we usually have a very long break and then we have a seminar. Only this time we had an assignment. My group had to go to High Street Kensington to Albert Memorial and do the ethnographic research which I didn't really understand or at least the point of it. I had to leave early so I didn't really help my group but I'm planning to go next week and do it.

Student

No comments:

Post a Comment